Saturday, 30 August 2008

Anna Nalick Remix

Wow, you were really super depressed yesterday, it was really weird.
It made me realise that, we really aren’t friends. Cuz for a while there I thought we were, but I guess not. I mean like, I don’t think I really care that much, I just, I dunno…
I just thought that the fact that we talk to each other everyday meant that we didn’t hate each other anymore. Clearly, you still hate me, and still expect me to hate you. That’s ok though, I can go on pretending, ignoring every single thing you say, only smiling reluctantly when you tell one of your jokes, trying to ignore the fact that you haven’t smiled all day.
Cuz I did, I ignored it, I was ok with that. It was just the trying not to smile when you did, that I had trouble with. I mean like, I’ve never appreciated them that much, your friends I mean. Like, I always thought you could do better, they’re so annoying…
But, hey, they can make you smile, right? So I guess they’re worth every single second you spend with them. And when you smile, I smile. Although it was that awful smile, the i-dont-want-to-smile-right-now-because-i-dont-want-people-to-know-what-just-happened-but-i-cant-help-it smile. But still, a smile is a smile.

Ok, umm, I wanted to make an Anna Nalick remix, so I just threw together all the parts of her songs that reminded me of you, and came up with something that almost makes sense… here it is


2AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to

Yeah they talk about her
She smiles like she’s so tough
She says"hey can you talk a little louder,
I don't think my heart is broken enough"

And maybe I'm not up for being a victim of love
All my resistance will never be distance enough

Meanwhile I'll hide my head
Here in this paper bag
Cause if I cant see you
Then you can't see me
And it'll be okay

I’d cheat destiny just to be near you.

But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him.
Maybe I'll just sing about it.

And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud

Cuz love doesn’t hurt so I know I’m not falling in love
I’m just falling to pieces

Meanwhile I'll hide my head
Here in this paper bag
Cause if I cant see you
Then you can't see me
And it'll be okay

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)

Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.

Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)